Acer blue light on but black screen

Ask a question Em - Last answered on Oct 14, 2016 07:01PM
Hello,
I just moved back to Vail from TX. While listening to to spa music on my Acer, the computer just went black screen on me. I never removed the charger so the light is blue but I don't see or hear anything from my Acer. Help, pls.
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
So, like spa music, or ska music?

Your music has no bearing, unless, it was in a spa, then you might have water damage!

Press and hold the power button, until it turns off. Try to turn it back on. Once again, the music has no bearing unless you were in the spa (water, physical damage)!
Em- Oct 13, 2016 11:48PM
Tried turning it off and pressing it for 30 seconds as the tech support rep said to do, then he said try F9, F12. Talked to another tech and he said unplug the laptop, press for 60 sec, wait and turn it back on, nothing. My screen is still black. I was told now to send the laptop in for a repair! Urgh!! When I plug the cord in, the blue light pops up. When I unplug it, an orange light pops up. The screen is still black.
  • spa music helps me relax at night (with out being near a real spa, one still can appreciate some peacefulness).
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Thank you for the clarification.

During the times of unplugging, did you take the battery out after you unplugged it? Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds. You may want to take your power cord, after you have unplugged it, and if it will come apart in two parts, go ahead and separate those two cables while you hold down the power button. Then put it all back together. Let us know!
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?