How to format Pen drive

Closed
Pawan - Oct 12, 2016 at 03:38 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 14, 2016 at 03:14 AM
Hello Sir,
I was try to bootable my pen drive. I am not complete all step in cmd and now my pen drive not work it asking about formate drive.

How to formate and how to again use my men drive..?

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 12, 2016 at 05:36 PM
Ok, so you in a command window with a bootable drive? You should only be in that situation if you have clearly described your situation. What are you trying to do? You mention boot, but you want memory, which is it?
i was trying to pendrive bootable for update my laptop and i was searching how to bootable usb for install widows 8 boot file but i am not complete all step and now my pen drive not work like pen drive, it asking about format but when i directly format pen drive , its not work.

Hope u will solve my problem.
Thank you.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 14, 2016 at 03:14 AM
Hi Pawan,

Please open Disk Management and check if the pen drive appears. Does it have a correct file format? Try to format it by right clicking the drive. If that is not possible, open CMD and type:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n
Clean

Go back to Disk Management and try to format the pen drive. I strongly recommend you to try the same on another PC.
If you want to create a bootable USB drive, there are some software tools that may help you. Check the link below for some suggestions:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/

Hope this helps