Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga not turning on

Closed
travelerxander Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2016 - Oct 12, 2016 at 11:19 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 14, 2016 at 03:41 AM
Hello,

I have the same problem as this thread: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-531249-lenovo-thinkpad-won-t-turn-on

...that being I can't turn on my laptop: the power light will briefly turn on and stay on for a bit, and then turn off--I can't hear the fan turning on or anything else. However, the model of Thinkpad I have doesn't allow me to remove any internal components without needing extreme care and proper equipment, so I can't perform the fix that worked for the other guy. This has happened multiple times, and I'm trying to find a consistent way of getting it to turn back on that is NOT resemblant to magic.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 14, 2016 at 03:41 AM
Hi travelrxander,

Removing the battery and holding the power button is a good method to face power issues. If opening the laptop is not an option, you should try with different power adaptor. Have in mind that it is possible that the cooling fan has been contaminated with dust and cannot start properly. In that case, you should clean them. This will require opening the PC, so you should seek assistance from a technician.

Hope this helps