Detects it.. but doesnot show up.

Closed
ocean121 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 13, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 13, 2016 - Oct 13, 2016 at 11:34 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 14, 2016 at 02:56 AM
well i was copying some gaming files from my friends lappy to my hardisk .. suddenly it stopped copying and the drive just vanished. so the next what happened is the LED lights shows.. i can feel the hardisk running and notificationns shows below my notification bar that the drive has been recognised and i.e. the options comes of 'eject or safely remove'.. and it doesnot show on my computer. i have searced for solutions and found about the diskmanagement but still my hardrive also dsnt show up on diskmanagement. please help.. this is the only reason i registered and my hardrive is LENOVO 1TB. thankyou

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 14, 2016 at 02:56 AM
Hi Ocean,

Could you check the hard drive on another PC and with another USB cable? If the drive is missing in Disk Management, please search for it in Device Manager, under USB devices. Uninstall the drive, restart the PC and plug the device back in. There may be some connectivity problem or a driver issue. Please check if the drive is recognized when connected to a TV or to a multimedia device. Do you have important data stored on the drive?

Hope this helps