I can't see my files which are not hidden

Solved/Closed
nasir - Updated on Jul 19, 2017 at 05:57 AM
jcollier Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 22, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 22, 2020 - Apr 22, 2020 at 02:48 AM
Hello Dears,

i have a problem in my Computer and then I have this in my flash drive too.
problem is that I dont know what type of threat came in my PC through net or Flash drive. it hides all my folders C drives, D, E and flash drives too. whenever I click on any drive I cant see anything but when I see properties of that drive it shows data. now I formated my PC but some of my important data are in flash drive I cant see these data if I know the name of folder like my picture when I type it in address bar I:\my picture then it open n show my data. how to remove this prob?
wat type of virus is this dont have any name I tried all type of antivirus its scan all the folder in flash drive but I cant see them. plz help me if any body know this.
thnx
Related:

14 responses

• 1. click start>>run>>type in "cmd"
  • 2. type the location of your flash drive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..
  • 3. type
    dir /ah
    • you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes
  • 4. type
    attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s -h
    • if you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example
      attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h
      • if you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"
        attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h
  • 5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..
  • 6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there..
kropekikz Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2009
Mar 26, 2009 at 07:46 AM
wooooahhhh!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE SMART PROGRAMMERS WHO HELPS PEOPLE..
MY PROBLEM GOT SOLVED BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS! THANKS!
Hey guys, thank you. your suggestions solved my problems regarding folders suddenly being hidden.