Avira "preparing installations" constantly buffering

Ask a question kevin - Last answered on Oct 19, 2016 11:12AM
Hello,
Hello
I am not at all technical but am experiencing problems with my simple Avira protection.

I currently have 3 red umbrellas opened at the bottom left menu of my laptop, all of them are for "Avira setup" and show a buffering "preparing installation" rotation. They have been on my screen now for 10 hours.
When I try to close this with the red cross top right, none of them close.
When I try to right click any of the 3 red umbrellas on the bottom menu, I am offered: Avira Connect, pin this programme to the task bar and close window as choices, none of these stop the buffering.

I have gone into my Start menu, to both Avira launcher and Avira control centre but none of these buttons are working and i get a warning ring.
I have opened the tiny Avira ikon bottom bar right hand side which opens Avira launcher but offers no help there to stop the installation buffering.
I have tried closing down but the 3 red umbrella ikons wont close, meaning I have to pull the plug out to shut down, but all that does is keep buffering until I get a warning that my battery is now flat and my laptop will go into hibernation if I do not restart.

Can you tell me very simply how I am to proceed with this problem?
regards

Kevin
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
What version of Windows are you using?

I suggest you try booting into "safe mode" and uninstalling Avira
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello

Many thanks for getting back so fast to help me with your kind help. I much appreciate it.

I do not know what Version of microsoft my laptop uses as my control panel is now frozen. Is there some easy way I can check this? I last remember windows XP office, but that was many years ago and it may well have been upgraded during a service since then.

I have done a search as to how to reboot in safe mode and will work my way through the instructions thanks and let you know how i get on.

Thanks again
Kevin
Ambucias 35172Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 7, 2016 Last seen - Oct 18, 2016 05:20PM
To boot in safe mode, restart your computer while tapping F8.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello again and many thanks for getting back.

I had looked up how to reboot as well as how to deal install avira but my complete laptop ends up frozen and every key I touched came with a warning ring.

In consequence I have had to give my PC to the PC repairers and they will de install a view and substitute it for another antivirus . I am writing this from a tablet.

However I would like to thank you again for all your help and i would have tried your recommendations before my PC decided to stop completely.

Regards
Kevin
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?