Avira "preparing installations" constantly buffering

Closed
kevin - Oct 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM
 Kevin - Oct 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Hello,
Hello
I am not at all technical but am experiencing problems with my simple Avira protection.

I currently have 3 red umbrellas opened at the bottom left menu of my laptop, all of them are for "Avira setup" and show a buffering "preparing installation" rotation. They have been on my screen now for 10 hours.
When I try to close this with the red cross top right, none of them close.
When I try to right click any of the 3 red umbrellas on the bottom menu, I am offered: Avira Connect, pin this programme to the task bar and close window as choices, none of these stop the buffering.

I have gone into my Start menu, to both Avira launcher and Avira control centre but none of these buttons are working and i get a warning ring.
I have opened the tiny Avira ikon bottom bar right hand side which opens Avira launcher but offers no help there to stop the installation buffering.
I have tried closing down but the 3 red umbrella ikons wont close, meaning I have to pull the plug out to shut down, but all that does is keep buffering until I get a warning that my battery is now flat and my laptop will go into hibernation if I do not restart.

Can you tell me very simply how I am to proceed with this problem?
regards

Kevin

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 18, 2016 at 01:18 PM
What version of Windows are you using?

I suggest you try booting into "safe mode" and uninstalling Avira