Removable Disk

Closed
James - Oct 22, 2016 at 12:10 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 24, 2016 at 06:19 AM
Hello,
This is James.I'm facing a problem with my 4 GB pen drive. One of my friend was trying to copy a bootable Windows 7 in to my pen drive . He diskpart my pen drive. It was taking a long time, then He remove the pen drive & re-input the pen drive, from then my pen drive is not working. It showing "Removable Disk". How can I fix it again ?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 24, 2016 at 06:19 AM
Hi James,

Removing the pendrive while writing on it can cause some problems. Could you open Disk Management and check if the drive is listed there? Does it have a file format and a drive letter? If it has a letter, run the Command Prompt and type the following command:
Chkdsk L: /r

Replace L with the drive’s letter. Wait for the process to end and check if problem is solved.
If you do not have important data stored on the drive, format it from Disk Management. It is always worth it to check the drive on another PC. The issue appears there too?

Hope this helps