Laptop is stuck after reset! Help please

Closed
Lilyash Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 24, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2016 - Oct 24, 2016 at 08:29 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 25, 2016 at 03:10 AM
Hi. I apologize as this is going to be a long post. So, here goes-

I bought my Inspiron mini early in 2013. I don't use it much..been using it on and off last two years. The laptop got a bit slow but it dint bother me. Later I updated it to windows 10 thinking it might speed it up but no use.
Two days ago, I reset my laptop and chose " Keep my files" option but the reset dint happen. Then I chose the " remove everything option" with "remove everything and clean the drive" option and it resetted. Then I got a page with choose an option written with three options-
1. Continue with Windows 10
2. Troubleshoot
3. Restart my PC

I chose the first option and it restarted. The Dell logo came and after that it's blank screen! I shut it down and switched it on again and it's the same thing!! It's been two days.. I tried everything in the troubleshooting option too but no result!
Can anyone help me out? Please?
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 25, 2016 at 03:10 AM
Hi Lilyash,

Unfortunately I am not really familiar with that model’s resetting options. What I suggest you to do is to find a Windows installation drive. Boot from it and repair your Windows installation. This way you may fix some startup issues. It seems that something went wrong with the recovery. If the Repair option does not work as expected, you may need to reinstall Windows. Could you tell me what menu do you see, when you select the Troubleshoot option?

Hope this helps