Bios won't detect sata

Closed
Bogadisa Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 11, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 11, 2016 - Nov 11, 2016 at 03:56 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 14, 2016 at 05:47 AM
Hey
I have recently built my first computer and tried to install windows. In the process i discovered that the bios won't detect the sata cables. I have read trough several forums and havent found an answer yet.
I currently have one seagate 1TB HDD and a samsung 250GB SSD, both are conected to the mother board and have power. (Although the power cables keep falling out) i have tried the different sata inputes on the motherboard and the PSU, but nothing shows up. I currently have a MSI Z170A Sli plus mother board.

Any ideas how to fix it?

All answers are much appreciated :)
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 14, 2016 at 05:47 AM
Hi Bogadisa,

What do you mean when saying the power cables keep falling out? Aren’t they firmly connected to the hard drives? If the drives are not getting enough power they will not be recognized by BIOS or the Windows installation software.
Please try with only the SSD connected. Is it recognized? Reset BIOS to its default settings and try again. Could you please send us a picture of your motherboard with the drives connected? If you have the option, please test one of the drives in another PC just to confirm that they are working normally.

Hope this helps