Pdf's won't save or open

Closed
lindi - Nov 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 12, 2016 at 03:14 PM
Hello,
I am OK on computer... not great!! I am using Windows XP, though I have never had any problems with PDF's until now. Suddenly, it will not convert my Word File to PDF, nor open previously saved PDF's - neither those I've converted and saved, or others sent to me and saved.

The window error that comes up says : "Torch.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and then says "The procedure entry point GetThreadID could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means!! And this is really urgent as I'm in the middle of writing a job application letter!!

I am not a member, yet - happy to join after. Please help. This is really urgent.
Thank you so much,
lindi

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 12, 2016 at 03:14 PM
it's possible the default EXE file for PDFs was changed to Torch.exe at some point. Then either you or your antivirus deleted Torch.exe. You probably need to change the default exe to point to whatever application you used to view PDFs before the problem. Perhaps it's and Adobe PDF reader.

I suggest you research the procedure for Windows XP since I don't remember that far back.

Good Luck