CPU doesnt boot and fans not turning but keyboard works HELP PLS

Closed
Mumuuu - Nov 14, 2016 at 06:54 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 16, 2016 at 03:20 AM
Hello,
I happen to be just using my just fixed CPU because there was power on but no display on my monitor. And now after like 20 mins of using my recently fixed CPU it suddenly turned off and now there is power on my CPU and my keyboard and mouse are working and have their lights on but everytime i try to turn on my computer with the power button, it doesnt boot up. My monitor is working perfectly fine but the cpu just wont even turn on yet the keyboard has its power up.
Plsss i need help
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 16, 2016 at 03:20 AM
Hi Mumuuu,

So, when you turn on the PC, you cannot hear the fans running, the screen remains black but the keyboard lights are ON, right? Is this a desktop PC?
There may be a power related issue with your PC. I would recommend you to disconnect power cable (power cable and battery if you are using a laptop) and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and try to boot again. If the same problem appears and you cannot hear any beeping noises from the PC you should try with another power supply unit. If you are using a laptop, check with another power cable.
If the PC is under warranty, you should contact the seller.

Hope this helps