Copying data from one Excel sheet to another.

Solved/Closed
Remedial Posts 2 Registration date Thursday May 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 - Updated on Dec 11, 2018 at 05:03 PM
 Kav - Feb 10, 2020 at 05:45 AM
Hello,

Newbie here.

Okay, I have an Excel workbook that houses a form on the first sheet. What I'm trying to do is to automatically copy the data entered into the rows that are housing the inputted data into a separate sheet that will be used as a database. The database will maintain all of the various entries that have been made into the form for the various clients.

I was able to find an answer on Allexperts that basically delineates everything that I'm trying to do.

Here's the link:

XXXXX

I don't know how to create a shadow form, but I'm sure that's nothing a quick google search can't solve. I'd also like to create the SUBMIT button macro mentioned on the page.

The only other thing that I would like to do with my form that is not covered on the Allexperts page is to limit data entry to "specific" cells so that those entering data won't enter it into the wrong cells.

Any guidance or assistance in creating any of these items (shadow form, Submit button macro, dynamic row pointer) would be great.

I'll let you guys know what I can find.

One question, though:

Should the database include separate columns with headings for each of the rows within which data will be entered?

Thanks.
System Configuration: Windows XP
Firefox 3.0.10
Related:

8 responses

It's as simple as this:

On the sheet you want to copy to, go to the cell you want, and type = (DO NOT HIT ENTER).

Then, go to the sheet with the info and click on the cell you want to copy, and hit enter.

And you're done! Hope this helps :)
Brilliant, thanks
thanks