Try signing in from the device you use most often

Ask a question Tracy - Last answered on Jun 3, 2017 at 03:29 AM by GeraldJohnson
I have two Yahoo accounts, I can log in to secondary but my primary is saying this:

"uh oh! Looks like we can't get you in your account online. Please try signing in from the device you use most often or visit our help."

I NEED this account open. I have personal business I need to attend to using it.
It won't accept my password that I know is correct and recovering password goes to the screen that shows above statement.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
How do you figure out which device you use most often?
Leave a comment
Helpful
plus moins
It seems like I don't have any problem having logged in with my yahoo account on my phone and log in as well the same yahoo account on my pc. I have multiple yahoo accounts, one for personal account, the other for my work which are intended for my files and backed up payroll documents and the other one exclusive only for my small business. I really do not log out my personal account on my phone before logging in on my pc and luckily, I can't see any problem with it. Well, I'm just lucky my accounts was not locked out since I know it will be very frustrating.
Leave a comment
Helpful
plus moins
I had the same problem a while ago. Eventually I managed to solve it like this:

Go to https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account

Top right there is an orange bar which says:
"Can't access your account? Sign-in Helper"

Click that and follow the steps explained on the screen to receive a "key" (via your alternative e-mail address or mobile phone) which you have to enter in one of the screens you get.

This got me logged in to my account again.
Leave a comment
Helpful
plus moins
The Yahoo message is very simple, you must login from the very same device and location you usually login either your phone or computer.

You must also logout of the one account before you try to login to the other.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?