Error code Biohd-4

Closed
Tomeye88 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018 - Nov 22, 2016 at 04:45 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 30, 2016 at 04:48 PM
I had come across an HP pavilion elite Hpe-500y that has crashed and the person din wnt any of the hardware. I got everything just about rite but it still won't boot. When I run a diagnosis from the bios it gives that error code
Also says missing or corrupt partition. So from what I can figure since I tried to use he windows 7 install disk and it keeps.freezing at the "starting windows" screen I need a repair disk instead of a install disk. I'm trying to self teach myself like I do with all my hobbies and projects but this has me puzzeled. I'm ready to pitch it lol. If I need a repair disk fot my computer exact model from what I read I can only get one if iI make it from my own computer. But I CNT get it to boot to get into windows to make one...... Anybody have any helpful suggestions or fixes or insights? I HAE ABOUT HD IT WITH IT!!!!! I really CNT afford a new HDD rn. I just want it up and running so I can use teinternt and once I have it hooked up I can get things for it a lot easier
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 22, 2016 at 04:52 PM
It sounds like the disk is bad. Boot to a recovery and run chkdisk with the /F switch. It is REALLY hard to know what you mean with all of the mis-spelings!
Tomeye88 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018
Nov 22, 2016 at 06:24 PM
I'm sorry about the spelling lol. The keyboard on my tablet sort six........ And now I read it back to myself..... Really I apologize. So let me try to explain again if you don't mind. First I would like to thank you for yr speedy reply.
If I try to boot to windows like normal th computer will turn on and go to the logo screen where u can choose recovery/ bios and all that happy stuff lol. so if I don't use anything and leave it go to do its thing I'll get to a screen that says the patent and they're Realtek PCI family controller series it says PXE-M0F: EXISITING PXE ROM. I'm not sure what that means and finally reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device an press me key.so apparently the disc I was trying to use was not the right disc well type of disc I should say. I was trying to use Windows 7 Home Premium for refurbished PCS disk and I guess all this is is an install for the operating system and what I need is a recovery disk or a repair disk but from what I understand I can only make one from my computer and I can't get my computer to boot I really hope since the hard drive is recognized in the Bios it runs and everything that the hard drive still good I'm just not sure where to get this bootable media I would need
Tomeye88 Posts 7 Registration date Sunday November 20, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018
Nov 22, 2016 at 06:55 PM
I just double-checked and the hard drive does show up under available devices in the Bios setup utility. And I do have the boot priority set for the hard drive to be first. When I run HP Vision Quest Hardware Diagnostics the CPU test passed the hard drive connection test passed and memory test passed but the boot test fails with the error code bio HD 4 it says warning boot sector corrupted or not found suggestion please perform a system recovery or please contact HP support I tried to perform a system recovery by pressing f11 but it won't do anything I'm wondering if there's some kind of a program that I could use or something or what I exactly need to do to get this running again I understand it might take some time or work and most people will probably just buy a new hard drive but I'm not most people. Lol. When I search this error code I keep reading about the repair disk but when I go to HP site the software for this computer they don't distribute any more. So th say 2 obviously make one before this happens or copy one off of another PC which I don't have. And after doing all that and I'm still teaching myself I'm not exactly sure where to go next which sort of leaves me on the internet searching for hours and reading all kinds of stuff and half of it doesn't even pertain to me so I'm glad I was finally able to put my exact problem out there and get help thanks guys I appreciate it
Blocked Profile
Nov 22, 2016 at 08:30 PM
Even if you had a new harddrive, what are you going to do about an OS? What I am saying is: Boot up to a windows 7 recovery shell, and run chkdsk after you have "SHELLED" into a FAKE OS that has access to your harddrive. The chkdsk will repair the harddisk, allowing you to boot again!
Nov 30, 2016 at 12:36 AM
I was using Linux. Used a bootable USB drive with the Iso. Was thinking I maybe able to do he same with a windows 7 iso. OE is that the same as a "shell"
Blocked Profile
Nov 30, 2016 at 04:48 PM
Yes you are on the right path!