Black screen after logging on

Closed
Jbarbiedoll Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 27, 2016 - Nov 27, 2016 at 06:22 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Nov 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM
I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier this year. My Windows was doing an update. Now it boots up and asks for my password but then after I enter it the screen goes black. I have my mouse cursor but cannot get anything else. How can I fix this?
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Nov 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Hello Jbarbiedoll and welcome to the forum!

I was wondering if you could boot into Safe mode? Can you?
The first idea that I have is to restore the system through a repair CD if you have one. It would be good.
Please, restart your computer, go after pressing the appropriate F key to navigate to the Windows menu. From there you should have access to restore your OS. Open the Command Prompt in safe mode and run the command:
sfc / scannow
Then press Enter and wait for your OS to be repaired. If you cannot access this menu while you reboot, enter the BIOS settings. There, navigate to the storage menu to verify that your hard drive is as a first boot priority. If not, set it!
Once you have done this please, come over here to tell me what happened.

Cheers.