Automatically copy the values from the active row from sheet

Solved/Closed
BeanP Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2016 - Updated by Ambucias on 29/11/16 at 06:28 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Dec 4, 2016 at 09:13 PM
Hello,
Struggling already for a couple of days.... so a help would be more than welcomed

Need to write a macro in Excel which would:
automatically copy the values from the active row from sheet "Inquires" into worksheet "Orders" when "Ordered" is entered in the column B of the active row

Can that be solved ?

5 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Nov 30, 2016 at 07:58 PM
Hello BeanP,

See if the following code works for you:-

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If Intersect(Target, Columns("B:B")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If Target.Value = "Ordered" Then
    Target.EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Orders").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
End If

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

The code is a Worksheet_Change event and needs to be placed into the worksheet module. To do this, right click on the "Inquires" sheet tab, select "view code" from the menu that appears and, in the big white field that then appears, paste the above code.

Now, every time that you enter "Ordered" in any cell in Column B and then click away (or press enter or down arrow), the code will copy the entire relevant row of data to the "Orders" sheet.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
Hello Vcoolio,
Thank you!!!
You are a fantastic man or woman !!!

It IS working !!!

Thank you very very much....

It`s not so important.... but what should I change to copy only values not formats ?

Many many thnx
Peter
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Dec 1, 2016 at 04:12 PM
man or woman, we all have some of both but vcoolio is Australian.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Dec 1, 2016 at 06:43 PM
Hello Peter,

To copy/paste values only, change line 7 in the code to:-

Target.EntireRow.Copy
    Sheets("Orders").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Thanks for the appreciation, Peter. I'm glad that I was able to help.
Good luck with it all.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
BeanP Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2016
Dec 4, 2016 at 05:16 PM
Thank you very much VCoolio,

It`s working fantastically !!!
So, if you would visit Budapest (Hungary) in the future, let me know through this platform ..... own you a drink
:)

With kind regards
Peter

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Dec 4, 2016 at 09:13 PM
Hello Peter,

That's great! I'm glad that we've been able to help you solve your query.

As for the drink. My son currently lives in Berlin and before too long my wife and I hope to pay him a visit. So, you never know..........

Although I don't think that I could handle that palinka too well!

Cheerio,
vcoolio.