Building a macro that allows to pull different year data

Closed
eve_atl Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday November 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen November 30, 2016 - Nov 30, 2016 at 07:17 PM
yg_be Posts 22720 Registration date Sunday June 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen April 23, 2024 - Dec 1, 2016 at 05:53 PM
I am trying to do the following in excel:
I have one master sheet where I have the following columns (name, score, weighting), and the following rows (individual student name). I also have backup sheet where i have different scores and weighting for each student for each test. So for example, in the backup sheet I have a row that looks like this :

Student name (John doe), Test 1 score, test 1 weighting, test 2 score, test 2 weighting.

What i want to be able to do is, in my master sheet, i want to be able to pull a specific test score in the score column, and pull a weighting in the weighting column. So i want to pull John Doe's test 1 score and test 2 weighting in the master sheet, or both test 1 weighting and score, or both test 2 weighting and score. I want to have flexibility on which weighting and score i can pull.
Thank you for your help with my excel problem. really appreciate the help.

1 response

yg_be Posts 22720 Registration date Sunday June 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen April 23, 2024 5
Dec 1, 2016 at 05:53 PM
Please share your file and explain what you mean by "pulling a score".