Forum Hardware Hard drive Report One Folder on External Drive Is

Closed
sudhakar005 Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 2, 2016 - Dec 2, 2016 at 06:13 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 5, 2016 at 04:02 AM
Hello,
my external hardisk's one folder is not accesible, when I click that folder one message box appear & some message written there such as - "F\SOFTWARE(a folder) is not acessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". ( you need to format it .) this problem was happened when I was scan my hard disk by a antivirus & that time my computer was not responding, so that time I opened directly the USB connection of harddisk from CPU.Then this problem is occured and now that folder is show that i.e empty. more than 20 gb data is there
so can I recover my that folder if u have any solution than plz reply
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 5, 2016 at 04:02 AM
Hi Sudhakar005,

If you drive’s letter is F, run the Command Prompt as an Administrator and type the following command:

Chdksk F:/ r

Wait for the process to end and then try to open the folder. I strongly recommend you to test the drive on another PC and with different USB cable. If you have important information stored on the hard drive, use a data recovery tool and try to save the most important files. I leave you a link below with some suggestions:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Hope this helps