My USB won't work [Solved]

Ask a question JRocketeer 1Posts Monday December 5, 2016Registration date December 5, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Dec 13, 2016 at 04:18 PM by JRocketeer
Hello,
So, recently, I've been having some USB problems. I plug it into the PC as usual, but it just doesn't show up. It's not that the PC doesn't recognize it, it just doesn't work, it's like I'm not even plugging anything in.

any solutions/ reasons why this is happening?
Thanks.
P.S. This issue isn't just on my PC, when going to the library PC's for schoolwork, the same issue occurs.

See more 
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hi JRocketeer,

Checking the pendrive on multiple PCs was a good idea. Please check if the pendrive is recognized in Device Manager. If not, the System simply cannot get a signal that something is connected. It is highly possible that your pendrive has been damaged. If you have some important files stored on the drive, try connecting it to a Linux PC. You might get better results and the opportunity to back up some of the files. Once you do so, you may need to replace the pendrive.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?  
JRocketeer- Dec 13, 2016 at 04:18 PM
It did! thanks, I was able to retrieve all the files, and I replaced it, thanks.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello

Your device has been damaged.
JRocketeer- Dec 13, 2016 at 04:17 PM
Oh, bummer, alright, well thanks.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?