My USB won't work

Solved/Closed
JRocketeer Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 5, 2016 - Dec 5, 2016 at 07:53 PM
 JRocketeer - Dec 13, 2016 at 04:18 PM
Hello,
So, recently, I've been having some USB problems. I plug it into the PC as usual, but it just doesn't show up. It's not that the PC doesn't recognize it, it just doesn't work, it's like I'm not even plugging anything in.

any solutions/ reasons why this is happening?
Thanks.
P.S. This issue isn't just on my PC, when going to the library PC's for schoolwork, the same issue occurs.

2 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 7, 2016 at 03:21 AM
Hi JRocketeer,

Checking the pendrive on multiple PCs was a good idea. Please check if the pendrive is recognized in Device Manager. If not, the System simply cannot get a signal that something is connected. It is highly possible that your pendrive has been damaged. If you have some important files stored on the drive, try connecting it to a Linux PC. You might get better results and the opportunity to back up some of the files. Once you do so, you may need to replace the pendrive.

Hope this helps

It did! thanks, I was able to retrieve all the files, and I replaced it, thanks.