Insert Windows installation or recovery media to continue

Closed
Isabella - Updated by Ambucias on 7/12/16 at 04:29 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 8, 2016 at 04:57 AM
Hello,

I bought a toshibo lap top 6 years ago I got a up grade to a 8 not used it for a while had to go on Microsoft and a note flashed up that it was downloading 10 then later on it said there was a error in the down load and now keep getting a recovery notice advanced settings asking for to insert Windows installation or recovery media to continue ,I've got none of these please help xx
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 8, 2016 at 04:57 AM
Hi Isabella,

There may have been an issue with the Windows 10 installation process and now the system cannot go back to its previous state. Most probably, you are not able to boot normally now, right?
Do you have a Windows 8 installation drive? If you do, boot from it and select the Repair option. This way you may fix some errors without harming any stored information. Please, let me know if there is any progress!

Hope this helps