Computer not starting

Closed
IrishConfusion Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 12, 2016 - Dec 12, 2016 at 01:28 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 13, 2016 at 03:52 AM
Hello, I'm having a bit of bother with my computer at the moment with it not starting. It powers on and shows the start up screen(Where the company that made the computer shows up) but goes no further than that. So far I've tried multiple things, including basic shutting and turning back on again, removing the ram and placing it in another slot (I have two separate ones), I can't open the BIOS or thing to start the computer in safe mode, any help would be very much appreciated!

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 13, 2016 at 03:52 AM
Hi Irish Confusion,

You have done good job trying to solve the issue. Not being able to reach the BIOS menu is not a good sign. Are there any beeping noises on startup? I presume you are using a desktop PC, right? Try resetting BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds. Reconnect it and try to boot again. Any changes?
Another thing to try is to disconnect the power cable and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Reconnect the cable and try again. If all goes normally you should hear a short beep sound that indicates that all hardware is properly connected.

Hope this helps