Seagate 3TB hard drive Damaged?

Closed
MICKBANE - Updated by Ambucias on 14/12/16 at 05:04 PM
MICKBANE Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2016 - Dec 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM
I have a seagate 3TB hard drive I am using for my xbox one, I also want to transfer some photos etc from my Sony Xperia Z2 but when I connect it to my phone it just says it is damaged and needs reformatting, I'm not sure what to do as it works fine when it's connected to my xbox one, Anybody have any knowledge on this please?
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 14, 2016 at 09:52 AM
Hi,

I believe the USB drive gets formatted in a way that makes it compatible with the Xbox One.

This is probably the reason why you're phone cannot see it.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 14, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Hi MICKBANE,

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC? Open Disk Management and check the drives’ file format. It is possible that there is a file format issue between the devices. Are you able to connect another storage device to the phone without any issues? If your hard drive is working normally when connected to a PC, most probably the phone cannot recognize the Xbox system and simply wants to remove it in order to give you access to the storage.

Hope this helps

MICKBANE Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2016
Dec 14, 2016 at 10:28 AM
No I haven't tryed connecting to a pc yet but will try, this is the first time I've connected a storage device to my phone, thanks for the help I'll try getting in set up on pc and see what I can find