HP computer won't boot from sleep mode and now doesn't even boot

Closed
Kg14 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 17, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2016 - Dec 17, 2016 at 01:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 17, 2016 at 03:49 PM
HI,

I have a HP all in one computer running windows 7, about 4 months ago it stopped working. It doesn't wake from sleep mode and now doesn't even boot.

I completely turned off the computer and that's when I would only hear the fan running.

You can hear the fan running but nothing happens and the screen and it stays black (not sure how to force it starting into BIOS)

I removed the HD and installed an one thinking it would boot but nothing happens, I have a Harddrive hub and can't remember if the drive even spins. Nothing popped up under my computer when using the drive hub

my only other guess would be a power supply issue.

I"ve never had a HD completely die and we don't even hear a clicking sound.

I"m just very lost on what steps to take.

Thanks for the help
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Updated by xpcman on 17/12/16 at 03:49 PM
all in ones are much like laptops. Everything is mounted on the motherboard and there is not much that the end user can fix himself.

Good LUck