Spilled some water on my laptop touchpad [Solved]

Ask a question Lewis485 - Last answered on Jan 6, 2017 at 01:58 PM by Lewis485
Hello, I spilled some water on my laptop touchpad and now I can't click anything. My left mouse button doesnt work at all and the right is glitchy. Any ways to fix it?
See more 
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Hello Lewis485,

I hope you have managed to dry somehow the water from your laptop, haven't you? I would like to know if the laptop is still under warranty. If is that so, my advice is to bring it to a technician, but I really doubt that the repair company would validate the warranty, because in most cases the liquids are not covered by the warranty.
If the laptop is out of warranty, I suggest you to take out the HDD and to connect it to another PC as an external drive. There you could extract all of the data stored on the HDD, because in a case of failure of the laptop's motherboard, you will need to replace it and to reinstall the OS once again.

Cheers.
Lewis485 1Posts Saturday December 17, 2016Registration date January 6, 2017 Last seen - Jan 6, 2017 at 01:58 PM
Actually, after 24 hours, I managed to get it to work. Sadly, for a few minutes after turning my laptop on, the mouse buttons switch so that the primary button is the right button, but still, it works enough for me to use it correctly.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?