Laptop went into sleep mode and won't wake up

Solved/Closed
Nimue_NightGoddess - Updated on Jan 29, 2019 at 05:38 AM
 Srinu - Jan 7, 2018 at 07:10 AM
Hello,

I have a Compaq laptop with Windows Vista and a few days ago it went into sleep mode. Now, it will is not coming out of this mode!

I have tried hitting every key and I get nothing. I have removed the battery and tried restarting it. The power comes on and the screen stays blank. After a few seconds, it turns itself off and reboots.

I pressed ESC a few times and it will stay on but nothing happens. It just stays blank.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
System Configuration: Configuration: Windows Vista
Related:

12 responses

Hey,

Same thing happened with me. My computer was not coming out of the Sleep Mode. But, to resolve this problem, this is what I did:
  • Turn on the computer, then wait for sometime. You will hear that the computer is turning it on and off.
  • Wait for this process until it has not turned it on and off for three times.
  • Be attentive on the third shut off. Right after it shuts down, you have to press and hold the off button, to force it to shut down. After it, wait for about 10 minutes.
  • After it, when you turn the computer on, the display screen should lit and come out of the Sleep Mode.
  • In case, it is not fixed, repeat it!

But, if it does not come out of the mode after trying this method for two or three times, you should consult with the service center.

Hope, it helps!
Thank u