Pc looks to have turned on but no signal and no system beep.

Closed
hayx Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016 - Dec 22, 2016 at 04:06 AM
hayx Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016 - Dec 22, 2016 at 06:11 AM
Hello ,
If you did read the the title you may of found out that my computer looks to of turned on ( all fans spinning, gpu leds and fans on , External and Internal leds are on. But the monitor only reads no signal. I have tried swapping mointors i tried three diffrent ones as well i swapped my gpu out another 2 times to see if that was the problem, Well its wasn't.

My part list is
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7KhbTH
as well as a 1000gb seagate sdd . I thinks thats right.

So the setup is completely new straight out of the box, i have never succesfully made it passed the no signal screen.

I have tried resetting the bios, as well as jump starting it those both failed .I tried cleaning the ram .

I have ran out of ideas but i do think the mother board is the problem as when i removed the ram and started the computer it did not beep.

Please someone help .

Thanks for your time Xavier Hay.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 22, 2016 at 06:04 AM
Hi Xavier Hay,

You have done good job trying to solve the problem. Unfortunately issues like this happen even with brand new builds. It really seems that there is a hardware issue. Are you sure all is properly connected? Could you attach a photo of you motherboard with the connected hardware? I suspect this may be a power related issue. At least, when a PC cannot start, I always start by checking the PSU. If you can try with another one, it could be great. If the problem remains even with another PSU, you should seek assistance and have the motherboard checked. I presume all the parts have warranty, so it should not be a problem to get a replacement.

Hope this helps

hayx Posts 3 Registration date Thursday December 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016
Dec 22, 2016 at 06:11 AM
Thanks for the response, unfortunately i have dissasembled the parts to bring to the place where i bought them and get them tested. But thanks for your help.