Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Closed
yurpo - Dec 22, 2016 at 11:47 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 23, 2016 at 03:57 AM
Hello,

I am running into a bunch of errors while attempting to install microsoft 10 into my created pc. I am going to list everything I can to see if anyone has a solution to my issues.

To get a clean picture I am installing using a flashdrive.

When my pc is powered on I choose my language. Next I type in my cd key. Accept the terms. Custom install. Here I have one drive listed: Drive 0 Unallocated Space. This have 931.5 GB in total and the same in free space. This is all I see. So I select this and click next. I receive an error message with the code 0x80300002.

This has prompted me to look into the command function.

When I open the command function I see( X:\Sources>) idk if the x matters.

I get to list disk, select disk 0(the 931 gb), clean, create partition primary. This is where I receive the error message: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

This made me believe I needed to specify the volume. So when I go to list disk I see disk 0(931 gb) and disk 1(14gb). Now when I go to list volume to see the disk 0(931 gb) it is not listed. All I see is the former disk 1(14gb) listed as disk 0(14gb now).

From here I have no idea what to do. I attempted assigning a new letter the 14gb in hopes of getting the 931gb to the c but couldnt force this because I couldnt find it in list volume.

I know this is alot but I am so lost and need some help and guidance.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 23, 2016 at 03:57 AM
Hi Yurpo,

Could you tell me how many hard drives you have connected? I would suggest you to disconnect all but the drive you are going to install Windows on. The 931 GB drive is brand new one, right? I should partition and format it before the installation. This could be done using the Windows installer. If you keep getting an error and it is not possible to format the drive, I would recommend you to change the drives SATA port and cable and try again. Another option is to connect the drive to another PC and format it there. Once formatted, connect the drive back in your PC and try to install the OS.

Hope this helps