Black Screen

Closed
rcristuta Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2016 - Dec 23, 2016 at 03:54 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 23, 2016 at 04:22 AM
Hello,

I have made a lock on screen shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+Keys but then when i power it up, the screen is black even when i key in the shorcut to opem it up. Please help me to overide the shortcut keys lock out om screen. I tried removing battery then press power for 60seconds, then plug the cord and press fn/f8/power but only make loud beeping sound.
I tried another suggestion by pressing simultaneously shift/fn/f8/power but still the screen remains black..Please help me..i dont have enough resource to buya new one or even pay repair cost which is almost same as brand new.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 23, 2016 at 04:22 AM
Hi rcristuta,

Could you give me more details what do you see when you press the power button? Are you able to at least see the manufacturer’s logo? Is it possible to enter in the BIOS menu and navigate freely? If not, there may be a hardware issue with the PC. Do you hear the beeping sound only when you press specific buttons or you hear it every time you try to boot?
Do you feel the PC is actually booting but the screen stays black? In that case, try connecting the PC to an external monitor or a TV? This way you can confirm if this is a PC problem or a monitor issue. IF it is a hardware problem, you may need to seek assistance from a technician. Is this a portable PC? If not, open the case and check if all cooling fans are running fine when you press the power button. If you have two (or more) RAM memories, try booting with only one connected.

Hope this helps