Transferring data from one sheet to another in Excel

Closed
KKunard - Dec 27, 2016 at 03:41 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Dec 27, 2016 at 06:31 PM
I followed the instructions for transferring data between Excel spreadsheets using the +Sheet(X)!((XY) formula. So glad I found your article! This works fantastic!!!! However, I do have one question .......
I have set up sheet 1 to contain all the pertinent info for sheets 2 and 3 (which are the actual forms needed). However, if there is nothing to enter in a cell (simply because not every order requires all fields) it still fills in those cells with a "0" on the forms in sheets 2 & 3. And I understand why .... the formula is there and with no info the "answer" must be 0.
But is there a way to hide that so that it doesn't print/show? Or will I have to just delete the formula in the field on that form each time?

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 04:22 PM
We are a group of volunteeers, so we are not familiar with all that is published here.

Give us the URl from which you cut and pasted, and we should be able to assist in trapping a blank value!

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Dec 27, 2016 at 06:31 PM
Hello KKunard,

You may have to introduce an IF statement to clear the "0". As an example:-

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

The formula basically says: if sheet1 cell A1 is blank, leave a blank otherwise input the A1 value.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.