Unable to copy data from laptop to external hardisk transcend on

Solved/Closed
manjuMK Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2017 - Dec 28, 2016 at 01:58 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM
dear experts, iam unable to copy any kind of data from my laptop to external hard disk.
it is one tb transcend store jet hard disk.
while copying getting error message is:
an error has occurred,
the destination you have specified does not exist.
it might be an offline network location or empty cd or dvd drive.
check the location and try again.
so friends, please help me in this regards.
i bought this hard disk from ebay.
it is one tb external hard disk. trancend store jet.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Updated on Nov 26, 2019 at 09:49 AM
Hi ManjuMK,

Are you able to access the hard drive after you get the error message or you need to reconnect the device? It seems that the drive loses connectivity and that is why the process is corrupted. Have you tried copying smaller files? Does the same happen?
Please test the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. If the issue persists, make sure that the Power Options (from Control Panel) are set to high performance. I would download the data manufacturer’s diagnostic tool and check the drive’s condition. If the drive is under warranty, I would seek assistance from the seller.

Hope this helps

manjuMK Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2017
Jan 4, 2017 at 05:33 AM
hello friend, i checked it in onother computer also. but same error coming. just 3 months back my friend bought this hard disk from ebay. so can u help me? please? i checked all you mentioned above. thanks for help. but problem same. and one more info is smaller files are copying and till 5 or 10 mb only. after that same problem. please help me?
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > manjuMK Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 28, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2017
Jan 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM
I would recommend you to backup all data and format the drive. Try to transfer some files. If the same issue appears and it is happening on more than one PC, I would suggest you to contact the Ebay seller and ask for some suggestions. This drive should be under warranty. Furthermore, it is possible that the drive has warranty directly from the manufacturer. In order to get more information about this, you should call the manufacturer’s support.