Black screen nightmare

Closed
shannon - Dec 30, 2016 at 02:18 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 30, 2016 at 02:50 AM
hello, I have an acer aspire one 756 model no ao 756-2840 When I turn it on. All I get is a black screen with the window telling me to re install windows. And my cursor is continuously going please help. Have no fancy equipment.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 30, 2016 at 02:50 AM
Hi Shannon,

Please restart your PC and press F8 while booting. You should gain access to the Advanced Boot menu where you should try selecting Safe Mode. Check if Windows will load. If so, backup all important data. Once done, download the hard drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool and check your drive for errors. Then use a Windows installation drive and reinstall Windows. There may be booting errors or missing files and that is why the OS cannot boot properly. If all seems fine with your drive, the issue may be software related and reinstalling the OS may fix the problem.
If you do not want to reinstall Windows, use the Windows installation drive selecting Repair. This way you may fix some errors without harming your data.

Hope this helps