My Toshiba laptop doesn't start

Solved/Closed
KifleD Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 4, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2017 - Jan 4, 2017 at 08:11 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 4, 2017 at 09:52 AM
Dear all,

I was using my laptop at de moment the electric power was off, cause of de laptop battery it will not work. The battery is almost dead. When the power comes i try to make my laptop to start but it doesn't start up. It say on the black screen starting window. First it says and give two option 1, repair to start up
2, start up normally
I choose de two option but it doesn't work. Please give me an advise.
Regards
Daniel
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 4, 2017 at 09:52 AM
Hi KifleD,

These options you get at startup may be related to some Windows OS files being damaged or to a hard drive issue which prevents the full functionality of the PC. I would recommend you to boot from a Windows installation drive and use the Repair option. Wait for the process to end and then restart the PC. Try to boot normally. If the same problem occurs, I would recommend you to reinstall Windows. Have in mind that all the files in the primary directory will be deleted. If you have important files there, I suggest you to back them up.

Hope this helps