Boot configuration data for your pc is missing

Closed
Forestfloor Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 4, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2017 - Jan 7, 2017 at 07:01 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 9, 2017 at 04:07 AM
Hi there. I've been having a lot of trouble with my pc lately. To cut a long story short, I have been attempting to clone my OS to an SSD to no avail. Using todo easus back up software, there was a boot error with a black sceen on start up. Went back on my old drive and formatted the new and tried to start again, (had to keep doing this several times because it would fail, keep in mind my system is very low on space) I formatted it once more because yet again it failed. Now I am led to now a blue error boot screen explaing that the configuration data for my pc is missing or contains errors.

I have tried booting from the bios, pc just keeps restarting no matter what my selection. Please help
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 9, 2017 at 04:07 AM
Hi Forestfloor,

Unfortunately, there may be booting or performance issues even if the cloning process seems to have been successfully completed. I would try using another cloning tool or doing a fresh Windows installation on the SSD. Once all is done and the PC boots normally, connect the HDD as a secondary drive (or as an external) and copy the most important files. Unfortunately, you may need to reinstall the software.

Hope this helps