Acer Lap-top doesn't boot from USB-HDD

Closed
Elda - Jan 10, 2017 at 06:36 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Hello,

My acer lap-top which has Win XP has a OS problem and it says that you need to insert the Win Xp Cd-Rom to repair it . I created a booted USB with Windows XP and I put USB-hdd as first option for boting. I want to repair or reinstall Win Xp. The problem is that the message:" Insert the Win Xp Cd to repair your pc" continues to appear.So,I think that the problem is that it doesn't boot from USB but from HDD.I had the same problem in my desktop PC and I just removed the SATA cable from HDD and I resolbed it. What can I do for my acer laptop if it doesnt boot from usb?
Thanks in advance!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Hi Elda,

You are right! It really seems that the PC is still trying to boot from the HDD. What you need to do is open the BIOS menu and check the booting options. You should place the USB port as the primary booting options and putting the HDD behind it. This way the PC will try to boot firstly from the USB.
If you have done this and the PC is still unable to boot from the USB, disconnect the HDD and try to boot from the USB. Does the installation begin? If not, there may be a problem with the USB and you may need to create the bootable drive once again.

Hope this helps