Ethernet connection but Browser's won't load.

Closed
dayADR Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 10, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2017 - Updated by dayADR on 10/01/17 at 01:39 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 10, 2017 at 04:25 PM
Hello,

I have been struggling with this issue for over 12 hrs.
New PC, I have Windows 10 and AVG is my antivirus, the reason I am saying what my antivirus is because I think it's part of the problem. I am also connected to the internet via Ethernet.
So my computer was running great at first when I took it home, I was able to access the internet and download AVG.
All was well the first 24hrs, I was browsing the web youtube, gmail and even downloaded Adobe programs I needed, even OBS. No problem, no issues on first day. The next night I turned my computer on and I was able to access the internet for about 5 minutes, youtube loaded fine, then it stopped loading anything, I was using chrome so I went on Microsoft edge to see if only chrome was the problem, but Edge was having an issue too. My computer says it's connected, there is no problem there but browser's don't load, not even other desktop apps that require internet connection load. It's just stuck in a continuous loading loop. I checked AVG and notice it was updating and let it sit for an hour, but it would not finish, it got stuck at 15%. (has been stuck at 15% for 12hrs this morning it was still stuck.)
My internet connection is fine it just will not load. I have tried changing the firewall setting on AVG to see if it was the problem, even shut them completely down, but it didn't work. I have tried completely disabling AVG but it still doesn't work. I can't even stop the AVG download because there is " connection problem" I can't uninstall it , it either says it can't because it's "installing" or I click uninstall and nothing happens. I can't even use their AVG removal tool because I have no internet connection to download it. I have been reading of AVG causing internet connection problem for their users, but if not AVG, what could be the problem? all was fine until AVG started updating. I will be contacting AVG tonight but I feel they will not help me as they will probably tell me it's my computer and not their program. I have even tested the same Ethernet cable on my Macbook laptop and I had no issues so it's not the cable or the router. I'm stuck, some advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have restarted, force quit, everything, nothing has worked.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jan 10, 2017 at 04:25 PM
Try this

Go to command prompt

enter this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) Reboot your computer