My toshiba ultrabook, starts and then shuts down 2-3 seconds

Closed
Mohammed Abbas - Jan 14, 2017 at 01:07 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 17, 2017 at 04:23 AM
Hello,

I used this laptop for almost four months then this happend , it doesnt show any signs of life , the power button lights up then 2 seconds after it shuts down , I've been looking for a solution for this ever since ,,, the battery is not removable

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 17, 2017 at 04:23 AM
Hello Mohammed Abbas,

Have you tried resetting the BIOS? If not, please try do so by pulling out the CMOS battery. You must do that after you have pulled out the battery and the power cord of the laptop. Open the lid and localize the CMOS battery which lies next to the processor and it looks like a watch battery. If you have another CMOS battery, you can replace it with that. If you don't, leave your current battery aside and wait for some minutes for the electricity to discharge. Then, plug the CMOS battery back in and the power cord. Try to boot your laptop again.

Let me know if that helped.