Laptop will not fully boot

Closed
TheNetherKIng - Updated by Ambucias on 14/01/17 at 04:22 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 17, 2017 at 03:56 AM
Hello,

I was on my laptop at school and then in crashed. I couldn't get it working again at school so i waited till i got home. its been three days and my computer still won't boot up.

When I hit the power button it starts to boot up with the HP sign and the spinning dots, but once the HP logo and the dots disappear its just a black screen. I've had it on the black screen for hours without end and nothing happens.

My laptop is the HP pavilion 64 bit.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 17, 2017 at 03:56 AM
Hello TheNetherKIng ,

So, you are able to see the HP logo, but your laptop is unable to load the initial screen, right? If it is so, the problem may be with the operating system or the hard drive itself. You will need to make some test in order to distinguish where the problem is.
Ok, let's start with the OS. If you have an installation CD of the operating system that has been originally installed on your HP laptop, you could try with it. Boot from the CD and click on the repair option if the initial menu. Are you working with Windows or with MAC OS?
Then we'll proceed with the HDD. Next time you boot your lappy, make sure to press the respective F key which will get you to the BIOS menu. Check if the hard drive is listed under the Boot sequence menu and it has been set at the first place in the boot priority.

Hope this helps.