Computer no boot, and no display

Closed
sloggi - May 13, 2009 at 06:23 AM
CharlesJK Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday May 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2009 - May 13, 2009 at 08:26 AM
Hello,
my comp is just shut down on me while i was browsing the net, and when i tried to restart, sounded like everything was working ok, but i could not get any picture to show up, was told to do some checks to figure out what the problem is, but dont know how to do the checks. can i please get some help on what exactly i would have to do to run the tests?? all i know thus far is that it could be a variety of things,
please help.

sloggi

2 responses

kathcat Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday October 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009 2
May 13, 2009 at 06:33 AM
i will advise you to do a system restore!

Press start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System restore
sorry, i didnt explain myself very well, what i mean is, no picture comes up at all. (on the screen) it just remains blank. like its off
CharlesJK Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday May 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 26, 2009 2
May 13, 2009 at 08:26 AM
Hi,

Scenario 1 : If there is a Single Beep sound & still no display try unplug & replug Monitor cables to the system.

Scenario 2 : If you're getting long beep on an equal intervals.
There maye be some loose contact in the RAM chip module attached to the motherboard. Plug out all the cables attached behind (Power cable mandatory). Open the cover of CPU, Press the RAM Module or remove & insert it again to the motherboard. If it still doesn't work. (Check with Hardware vendor or Hardware engineer for new RAM).

Scenario 3 : If there is no sound
There may be the problem in RAM or Motherboard or Processor.
Try resetting the BIOS with the help of Hardware Engineer.

I strongly suggest you to check this issue with local professional hardware engineer.