Recovery of unsaved word/open office document

Closed
DDmann12 Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 23, 2017 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2017 - Jan 23, 2017 at 11:59 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 23, 2017 at 02:02 PM
I recently had my computer worked on at Geek Squad because it crashed on me. After they restored my computer, they were unable to reinstall my Office Word program. So they put in Open Office for me. All of my documents survived BUT, when I go to use and save them, Open Office re establishes a new file thus creating a duplicate. One Office Word, the other Open Office. The other night I opened a document already saved in Word and added to it. When I got ready to close it I got the prompt to save and I did. When I went back to continue working with and editing what I done last night, the additional 4 pages I added is not there. I have both documents, Word and Open Office, both are of the original document I added to. Cannot find the new 4 pages I had just done. Went into Open Office settings, all boxes were checked in regards to saving and back up. How do I retrieve these 4 pages of documents that have just disappeared?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 23, 2017 at 02:02 PM
Perhaps these instructions will help:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/recover-unsaved-work-openoffice-29581.html

Good Luck