Hard disk not detected

Closed
vamsinithin - Jan 28, 2017 at 12:06 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 30, 2017 at 02:58 AM
Hello,
I have purchased WD 1TB external hard drive I used it for one year and all of sudden it got problem like it couldnt be detect to my pc or laptop I could hear some noice like the hard drive is running I could see light also..
I tried updating the driver it says driver is upto date.
i tried changing the driver letter
i tried with tweak Ui

Can anyone help me sort out this issue
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 30, 2017 at 02:58 AM
Hi vamsinithin,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your WD drive. Please open Disk Management and check if the drive has a correct file format. Does it appear as RAW? Is the drive recognized by My Computer? Open Device Manager and uninstall the device. Restart the PC and connect the drive. The drivers should be automatically reinstalled. Check if there will be change. I recommend you to test drive with another USB cable.
Do you have important data stored on the drive? Have you tried connecting the drive to a TV? Is it accessible? If so, try connecting it to a Linux PC or using a Linux Live CD. Sometimes Unix based systems show better results recognizing drives with connectivity issues.
If you have no important data on the drive, try to format it and test it with Data Lifeguard Diagnostic.
http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=wukl1l

If the drive is in bad condition, you should contact the seller.

Hope this helps