No Icons No start menu just blue screen

Solved/Closed
Cherylsells Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 1, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2017 - Feb 1, 2017 at 12:50 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 2, 2017 at 03:18 AM
I painted my home office this weekend and unplugged everything and moved it once done I took everything back in the office set it up and everything was working fine execpt I had no start menu but all my icons were there - I switched monitors and now there is no icons or start menu only a blue screen and when I try Ctrl Alt Delete I get nothing - ugh - please help me - my life is on that desktop - thank you
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 2, 2017 at 03:18 AM
Hi Cherylsells,

Are there any booting issues or strange noises? So, you see all the icons but you are missing the start menu and the taskbar right? Trying to access the Task Manager was a good idea because this way you can really solve the issue. However, if it is not accessible, try booting in Safe Mode. Any changes? If no, use a Windows installation drive and select the Repair option. This way you may be able to fix some booting problems without harming the stored data. I believe you are facing a software issue, so the stored information should be safe.
If you manage to boot normally, backup all important data and update your anti virus software. Do a complete system check.

Hope this helps