Can't connect to internet

Solved/Closed
Julie - Jun 7, 2008 at 02:21 PM
 Hal - Dec 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I need help!!! I have my modem and router connected -- wireless -- for each of my 2 laptops. Both reflect "Excellent" strength in connections, however when I click on internet explorer....it states that I can't get on. It's driving me crazy!!!! Any ideas??
Related:

8 responses

For those using Microsoft windows, follow the steps below :
  • Click on start menu>RUN and type
    ncpa.cpl 
  • click ok
  • Right click the appropriate connection and click repair.

Step2:repair winsock
  • Click start menu >RUN, type
    netsh winsock reset
    and then click ok
  • Command prompt flashes,
  • restart your computer.
Glittabug1983
Jul 12, 2008 at 02:49 PM
Have done what you said and restarted the computer but now it does start at all, comes up with 'Boot from CD, NTLDR is missing, press Ctrl, Alt, Del to restart, the keeps repeating every time we switch it on. Any ideas what we've done wrong? Thanks
chapin > Glittabug1983
Jul 14, 2008 at 06:13 PM
If you are still having a problem with your NTLDR is missing what you need to do is to find a computer with the same OS , go to the root of the that computer make sure you set it to see all hidden files. find and copy the following files NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM, you will now need to boot some how on a DOS prompt or perhaps slave the bad hard drive to another computer so you can paste these files in the root. As far as your Internet connectivity, through another computer download and burn a copy of the Winsock XP Fix utility to run and repair your winsock file, update your network card drivers and disable any fire wall you have running. Once you confirm connectivity you may have to tweak your software to allow connectivity while your firewall utility is still running.