Computer stuck on Safe Mode

Closed
MarijaMagdalene Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 26, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 26, 2017 - Updated by Ambucias on 26/02/17 at 04:27 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 26, 2017 at 04:29 AM
I know a young disabled man who's computer seems to be stuck on this safe mode and I tried to fix it for him without luck. "Routine" is what this young man survives on. His desktop and programs are to be accessible just so ... he can enjoy the games himself as long as nothing goes wrong with what he is used to.

His old computer using XP and not compatible with modern IT stuff. The repetitive nature required within his illness is endless therefore everything in his daily routines must be in order otherwise "all in his world suffers". A wonderful person he is ... but he doesn't understand time itself ... I need to his computer for him so his loving and giving Mum can rest; not being continuously being asked questions.

Can you please guide me so I can fix the problem.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Feb 26, 2017 at 04:29 AM
Greetings Marija,

Please try the below mentioned steps and check if the computer boots normally:

1. Click "Start".
2. Click "Run".
3. Type "msconfig" and hit "Enter".
4. Click the "Boot" tab at the top.
5. Uncheck the "Safe boot" option.
6. Click "Apply" and then click "OK".
7. Restart the computer, it should boot normally now.

Do reply with results.