Update cells in a particular column from one sheet to another

Closed
lrodeheaver Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 27, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 27, 2017 - Feb 27, 2017 at 11:43 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Feb 27, 2017 at 11:55 AM
How do I update cells in a particular column from sheet to sheet. I have a payroll worksheet and occasionally our employees borrow money, I need to continuously update that column regarding terms and payments made on loans. I would love it if I could also hide this information till I need to view it. Is there a way to shrink it with something for me to click on when I need to view it?
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Updated by TrowaD on 27/02/17 at 11:57 AM
Hi lrodeheaver,

"How do I update cells in a particular column from sheet to sheet."
Not sure what you mean by that. Are you looking for a formula?

As for hiding the info, you got 2 options:
  • Select rows/columns and right-click the number/letter and select Hide. Select unhide to get them back.
  • Select rows/columns and go to the Data tab. Here you will find the option to group and ungroup. This will let you fold/unfold the rows/column with a click on the plus/minus symbol.

I would go for the second option as it is easier to use.

Best regards,
Trowa
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are usually the days I'll respond. Bear this in mind when awaiting a reply.