Missing Files after being plugged into a mac

Closed
samama - Mar 2, 2017 at 09:26 PM
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 - Mar 6, 2017 at 03:39 AM
Hello,
I borrowed a Hard drive that was always being used for a windows computer and i plugged it into my mac to save some files and when i returned the hard drive all the files are gone but if you check the info of the Hard drive it still says that there are files on it. (ex: 30gb left out of 500gb)
how do i find the files? :(

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 3, 2017 at 10:55 AM
It appears the Mac re-formated the hard drive. For your information Macs and PCs use different partition formats. the only common format that can be read by both systems is FAT or FAT32.
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 12
Mar 6, 2017 at 03:39 AM
Steps to recover lost files from USB drive on Mac

1. Connect your USB drive to your Mac computer

2. Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac and select the file type you want to recover

3. Preview and recover lost files from USB drive

After the scan, all the lost data will be found and displayed in the scanning result. You can list them according to path, types or create time for your preference. Then preview all the recoverable files and select out those you want. Finally click "Recover" to get them back.

Only 3 simple steps you can recover lost files from USB drive on Mac with this powerful software. It's amazing! But sometimes you might lose your important data on other storage devices, for example, hard drive, memory card, SD card, digital camera. Don't worry, EaseUS Mac Data Recovery software works for all these occasions.