Touchpad not working after windows 10 upgrade

Closed
SHUBHASHISH SAHA - Mar 12, 2017 at 10:36 AM
bestwaybb Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2017 - Mar 17, 2017 at 06:34 PM
Hello,

I upgraded my window 7 to window10 but touchpad is not working .
I checked for drivers reinstalled it but still touchpad not working .
I even used the fn key fn+f4;fn+f9 ... even all f keys but still the touchpad not working .
Then I went to start ; setting ; devices; mouse and touchpad and then additional setting and there are options button pointer pointer option wheel hardware and I cannot see any touchpad option .
I looked for all online support but no touchpad option is visible .
I tried Dell support I downloaded drivers for touchpad and mouse still it's not working .
All the time I have to use external mouse .
I even opened the bios and did full system scan during the scan the touchpad works but as the computer switches on to windows10 the touchpad is not working .

Please help me out its around 7 days I am using my external mouse to do the work .
You can mail me at ***@***.
I will very glad for yours help
Related:

1 response

mertomer Posts 22 Registration date Thursday March 16, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2017 7
Mar 16, 2017 at 07:13 PM
Try uninstalling it from the Device Manager - restart your computer and let windows to find and install it automatically. It seems to be some incompatibility between your operating system and your device.
bestwaybb Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2017
Mar 17, 2017 at 06:34 PM
just downgrade to windows 7 may your laptop not supports windows 10 or you are have a hardware problem

and try using this link
https://www.thetruebox.com/how-to-solve-touchpad-stopped-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/