Problems with clearing page Tabs which I can't find

Ask a question diyshelley 1Posts Tuesday March 14, 2017Registration date March 14, 2017 Last seen
First off....I am not a mobile/internet geek but I manage. Until now!
I hope you understand this
This one has really got me stumped. I got stuck on a website on my mobile for a while and every time I tried clearing the page it would just refresh itself over and over again. I searched the web looking for answers and all I got was "how to clear tabs when a page had a pop up notification". This was not my problem, I just couldn't get rid of this blasted website. So if I was on a social media site I could not open any pages within that, as a message would come saying that my limit of 16 pages were up and I needed to clear them by using the tab arrow, which I did, but still got the same website refreshing itself.
I have now done "something". I can not back tab the pages (the original website has now gone "somewhere") and my back tab arrow goes grey and unusable after a few hits but all my 16 pages have been used
Went into the apps for chrome and google and to be honest I am a little scared to do anything. I did clear browsing history and I only get the current tab pages opened in the little box at the top but I need to go FORWARD to go BACK to clear the tabs already existing........if you know what I mean
I have a Samsung J3
Many thanks
See more 

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?