Dell battery issue /problem

Ask a question adarshrawat 1Posts Thursday March 16, 2017Registration date March 16, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 20, 2017 at 01:49 AM by nathanwirth
Actually i have dell inspiron 5558 laptop.so the problem is whenever my battery goes below 15 or 20% then my computer deep freezes...and i have to restart again. and connect charger.my battery actually charges 100% but i have low issue which result in freeze.what is the problem can anyone help?
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Can you please check the settings for your "minimum processor state"

For reaching that setting
right click on your battery icon and select power settings
Click on "change plan settings" next to the selected power plan
It's on that window under the "Processor Power Management"
adarshrawat- Mar 17, 2017 at 01:18 AM
minimum processor state
on battery 5%
plugged in 5%
mertomer 22Posts Thursday March 16, 2017Registration date March 17, 2017 Last seen - Mar 17, 2017 at 01:32 AM
try changing it to 100 at least for plugged in. and check if it still persists
mertomer 22Posts Thursday March 16, 2017Registration date March 17, 2017 Last seen - Mar 17, 2017 at 01:48 AM
Some of your drivers power saving rules can also cause it. Try checking them starting with your graphics card.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi,

Take out your battery from the laptop and check if it has some dust particles. Make the drive clean and then reinsert it into the laptop and connect the charger. Once the laptop is fully charged, remove the charger and check whether it still shows the same freezing issue.

Thanks.

Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?