Windows 10 laptop is black after unplugging hdmi cable

Ask a question hestal 1Posts Saturday March 18, 2017Registration date March 18, 2017 Last seen
I was watching a movie on my dumb tv by using an hdmi cable to connect my hp windows 10 laptop which was connected to Amazon prime. Worked fine, but I fell asleep. When I woke the tv and the laptop screen were both black. So, I unplugged the hdmi cable and the laptop stayed black. So, I turned it on and off and logged in. I got the spinning circle and then the screen went black. I tried everything I could think of and I tried everything that I could find on the internet that might help. Nothing.

So now when i power off and on, the screen comes up like it should and asks for my password. I enter the password and if I do it correctly the screen goes black. If I do it incorrectly it tells me that the password was incorrect and gives me another chance.

When i ctrl-alt-delete I get a menu, and i tried starting explorer (I use chrome) and it seemed to start according to what I could see on the tasks screen, but nothing changed.

When I use the windows + "p" screen toggle it is set to pc screen only

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?