Pen drive option not found

Closed
Vrushabh - Updated on Mar 27, 2017 at 04:58 AM
Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 - Mar 27, 2017 at 07:42 AM
Hello,
When i insert pen driver into my laptop porr its not showing any notification nor any driver for that pd...i tried that way of device manager there is not any pendrive attached else den the default one's please help
Related:

1 response

Promomilia Posts 68 Registration date Monday February 6, 2017 Status Contributor Last seen May 19, 2017 12
Mar 27, 2017 at 07:42 AM
The fix for this is pretty simple, although I must confess, the first time I encountered this issue, I struggled for over three hours!

Click on the Start Button – select Control Panel – and then click on Administrative tools. Here, click on Computer Management. In the Computer Management window, expand Storage (click on the + sign next to it) and click on Disk Management. This will open up the Disk Management (local) snap in window.

Now, on the lower half of the right-side of the same screen, you will see that your USB / Pen-drive is listed as a removable drive. (In case you are not able to see it there, click on the + sign next to “Removable storage” and expand it.

You should typically see it listed as a removable disk and called Disk 1 or Disk 2. All you have to do is to right-click on it and select the “Change drive letter and paths” option and select a different drive letter for your pen drive. For example, if it is called Drive F, you can choose any other drive letter, let’s say, Drive G.

After you have done that, open My Computer again and you should be able to see your pen-drive there: